Who doesn’t love a cheese toastie? Make it even better with this recipe from Capreolus Fine Food’s Dorset Hot Nduja salami.
- Capreolus Dorset Hot Nduja Salami (approx one inch of spreadable nduja (adjust according to your liking for heat)
- Barber’s 1833 Vintage Reserve Cheddar Cheese
- Ripe pear peeled and sliced
- Some honey
- Sourdough bread
Grab your sourdough from one of our bakers and honey from here. Locally sourced butter can be found here and you can pick from a range of cheeses here. Find our more about Capreolus and where to get the salami for this recipe here.
- Lightly toast the bread to prevent a soggy toastie
- Butter both sides of the bread
- Spread the Dorset Hot Nduja evenly over each slice of bread, be as generous as you like. This can be spicy so adjust to your own taste.
- Lay slices of the pear and apple across the nduja
- Drizzle over some honey
- Top with a generous amount of grated cheese, enough to ensure that the cheese oozes out when cooked.
- Top with another slice of buttered bread
- You can use a toastie maker which will cook both sides evenly or you can do this is a frying pan.
- When cooking in a frying pan, cook on medium heat and cook until both the nduja and the cheese melts. Use a spatula to press down on the bread as it cooks.
- You will need to turn this over a couple of times to ensure that both slices of bread gets toasted.
Serve while the cheese is still oozing with a cool glass of cider.