This is a firm favourite among families, whether you see it as a full meal or as a side dish, mac and cheese is a crowd-pleaser every time, especially when you make it using Ford Farm’s Coastal Cheddar!
280ml whole milk
480g coastal cheddar
Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 190C
- Cook the macaroni in a large saucepan of boiling salted water for 8-10 minutes; drain well and set aside.
- Melt the butter over medium heat in a saucepan slightly larger than that used for the macaroni. Add the flour and stir to form a roux, cooking for a few minutes.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, a little at a time. Cook for 10-15 minutes to a thickened and smooth sauce.
- Remove the sauce from the stovetop, add 370g of Coastal cheese and stir until the cheese is well combined and melted.
- Add the macaroni to the sauce and mix well. Transfer to a deep 9×9 glass pan and sprinkle over the remaining cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Place in the oven and cook until cheese is bubbling; approx 20 mins. Serve immediately